Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Divorce (part 1)

This was a difficult topic for me to write about; however,it wasn't when I heard about the statistics, nor was it when other family members used it to settle disputes. It didn't affect me as much as one would think when my parents went through it. The truth of the matter is it began to infiltrate in my life when I heard my now ex-husband threaten me with divorce because he was loosing an argument (James 1:20 AMP). An argument that came about less than two weeks into our marriage. For him to even allow those words to come from his mouth startled me, shut me up, and know it or not, it set the course for the direction of the relationship.

I am not placing blame. If most people were honest with themselves at a failed marriage they could see their part in its demise as well. What I am doing is showing those who are married, about to be married, and desires of which, that the men are the leaders of the household. If he never learned that the words of his mouth and meditation of his heart needs to be acceptable in the sight of the Lord (Psalms 19:14 KJV) then he will allow the enemy place (Ephesians 4:27 KJV) and he will show other areas of his life that lack of temperance (discipline).

If we have what we say (Mark 11:23 KJV) then whether it being good or bad one must live by the fruit of his lips. The harvest then being what it is.

No comments: